20 Years 20 Lessons - Lesson 7 - Life Comes From Death

Ephesians 2:4-5 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

There are a lot of examples in the bible demonstrating how life can come from death. However for the sake of keeping this blog post short and simple I’m only going to highlight one example.

When we become born again we die a spiritual death. This simply means we believe the bible when it says we were born into sin and the only way to be cleansed from that sin is to accept Jesus’ death on the cross as the payment for our sin. (see Psalm 51:5; Romans 5:12) It also means we believe that by accepting Jesus’ death on the cross for those sins that we are made new in Him. We are given a new life after we die to sin. It’s spiritual.

I remember when God was dealing with my heart about what a sinner I had been it felt like I was dying. I was miserable. I couldn’t imagine going on with my life the way it was. When I found God and repented to Him all of my sin; I literally felt like a new creation. I can’t explain it...it was definitely supernatural...but I knew I loved this new feeling and I never wanted to lose it.

That doesn’t mean that every day since then has felt like I was a new creature...it hasn’t. But feelings don’t dictate the knowledge that I am living a new life through Christ. The old life I was living is dead and now I am alive in Christ. Meaning everything I strive to do I do according to how the bible says I should do it. - I’m striving- not fully there yet!

By His blood and His abundant Grace we are given a new life. The steps to receiving this gift are simple...yet so many want to complicate it.

1.Sincerely repent for all of your sin.
2.Believe in Jesus Christ as the payment for that sin.
3.Receive His eternal mercy and grace.

This wasn’t a difficult lesson to learn..but it was definitely the most powerful. The difficult part was coming to grips with how much God loves me. That He would send His Son to die for my sin so I could be with Him forever. Oh how I wish  more would come to the knowledge of the saving Grace of Jesus Christ.

Next time a friend opens their heart to you about how horrible their life is and they just wish they could die or cease to exist. Tell them about how they can have a new life in Christ!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Out of the Dark

My Bleeding Heart

I'll Never Be Her Again